Opening of the IBC in Belize in 2023
In 2023, Belize's IBCs begin to live under new rules. From this year, the status of local and international companies disappears. They all fall under a single law. At the same time, although the opening of an IBC in Belize in 2023 is canceled, you can register LLC, trust, project company, some other forms. All businesses that were registered before this year must agree to the new requirements.
What you should know about the changes regarding IBC
In the summer of 2002, a new Company Registry appeared. It merged the data from the two registries, which existed before, and where the information about the registration of local firms and IBC in Belize.
It was also planned to launch a system through which you can open a company online. After its implementation all Belizean companies will have to re-register in it, to obtain a nine-digit number, an electronic certificate.
As for the basic requirements:
- An international company must sign a contract with an agent who has the right to represent it in Belize. It is not required only if the shareholders and directors are residents.
- All businesses must have a real office in the jurisdiction. An alternative - the office of an agent with whom a contract is signed.
The business must be incorporated or reincorporated as a limited or unlimited liability firm. A private trust (PTC), project company (SPV) can also be set up.
- General meetings are possible through electronic communication.
New interpretation of the Articles of Association
For IBCs there are two documents instead of Articles and Memorandum:
- Articles - founding papers for incorporation.
- By-laws - internal rules of the company.
What is important to know about reports
Registering an IBC in Belize in 2023 requires the company to keep such documents (if you do not have your own office, you can have an agent):
- A list of the company's actual owners, directors, members;
- The firm's documents for the past decade;
- Minutes of meetings and decisions taken;
- Information about the real owners;
- Financial records for the last 5 years.
All papers can be kept in both paper and electronic form. If they are outside of Belize, there must be a record of their physical location and an obligation to provide the papers at the first request of the regulator.
The firm must notify its agent in writing of any changes that occur in the registers within 14 days.
When the provisions come into effect
Currently, many of these requirements are only partially in effect. Changes come into effect gradually, and information about them is transmitted to the director through his or her agent.
How to open a business in Belize
To register a company in Belize in 2023, contact the specialists of IT-OFFSHORE.