Vanuatu Development Support Programme
Capital: Port Vila
GDP: the US $890 million.
Language: English, French, Bislama
Air temperature: average annual temperature is 24 °C
The Development Support Programme (DSP) of Vanuatu was initially proposed in early 2016 and fully adopted by the Government of Vanuatu in April 2017. The objective of the Plan is to create local jobs, stimulate the economy, and keep the national budget balanced.
The Vanuatu program is one of the fastest options for investors looking for second citizenship and a new passport. The procedure can be completed within one month; citizenship is granted at the end of this period if the applicant meets the requirements.
The benefits of Vanuatu citizenship are the following:
- Visa-free entry to more than 129 countries and territories around the world, including the UK, the EU and Ireland;
- No residency requirement;
- Lack of agreement on the exchange of tax information and bank secrecy;
- The process of obtaining citizenship is confidential;
- Ability to obtain long-term visas to the U.S. and Canada;
- All successful DSP applicants will receive an international Vanuatu company with a bank account in Vanuatu with no extra charge;
- The Republic of Vanuatu does not charge income tax, property tax or inheritance tax.
At the moment, there is only one investment option - the Development Support Programme (DSP)
Requirements to the investor are as followed:
- An applicant has to be over 18 and under 65 at the time of application;
- Applicants must have an impeccable reputation and must provide an original certificate of criminal record from the country in which they have resided for the past 12 months;
- Applicants must have a minimum of $500,000 in net personal assets upon application out of which at least $250,000 should be in bank assets.
An investor who plans to acquire citizenship makes a contribution without the possibility of its returning. The fund is not-for-profit and is subject to parliamentary oversight, transparency and accountability. The smallest amount of investment is 150 thousand dollars; in addition, it is required for each family member to make a contribution.
Cost of participation in the programme
from 150 000 USD to 250 000 USD depending on the number of applicants