Gaming License Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda
In most jurisdictions, certain business activities require compulsory licensing. A gambling license confirms the online operator’s reliability and stability. It is also evidence of business legality in the country. Furthermore, players can apply for dispute resolution to the agency that granted the license. Offshore licensing helps to reduce the company maintenance costs and reduce taxation making Antigua and Barbuda one of the most popular jurisdictions for establishing online casinos and obtaining a gambling license.
Antigua and Barbuda was one of the first Caribbean States to begin granting gambling licenses. Many reputable companies choose this particular jurisdiction due to its solid reputation and trustworthy legal framework particularly in gaming industry. The most profitable points include zero taxation and no minimum paid-up capital requirements.
Financial Services Commission and Financial Services Regulatory Commission's Department of Gaming (FSRC) regulate the gambling business sector. They have been providing services for licensing since 1994.
The following types of gambling licenses are available on the territory of Antigua and Barbuda:
- online casino license (interactive gaming);
- totalizer license (interactive wagering).
If the company is engaged in other forms of gambling they will be considered as one of the two types mentioned above. The advantage of gambling licenses in Antigua and Barbuda is the fact that it’s on Great Britain’s whitelist, which allows online operators to accept bets from british players.
Applicants and owners of gambling licenses must meet the following requirements:
- Persons under 18 are not permitted to gamble;
- Player’s personal data is subject to authenticity inspections and should be stated in their profile;
- The homepage should contain a warning of possible gambling addiction and contacts of organizations providing psychological support.
IT-OFFSHORE company's specialists provide a wide range of services for company registration and support in Antigua and Barbuda as well as obtaining a gambling license.
A license is issued for the following activities:
- Online Casino (card games, roulette, slot machines)
- Sports totalizers
- Betting business
- Network games
- Peer games (backgammon, poker, bingo)
- Mobile Games
- Finance Trade
Our service package includes the following:
- Registration of the company in Antigua and Barbuda
- Formation of local staff
- Opening a bank account
- Creating a merchant account for payments
- Completing and submitting the appropriate forms for licensing
Stages of obtaining a license:
- Registration of legal entity
- Applying for a license
- Opening a bank account
- Opening a merchant account
- Payment of government fees for company registration and licensing
- Obtaining a license
Submission of an application for a license is performed by a local agent. The directors and the beneficiaries data, documentary evidence of goodwill, and financial condition are required.You also need a software certificate. The software should be tested by an authorized agency.
The sum includes:
- Expenses incurred during company registration
- Applying for a gambling license
- Opening a corporate account in a bank
- Opening a merchant account for payments
- Support during the entire license registration procedure
- International Business Corporation (IBC) should be established in order to obtain license.
- Minimum one director, private individual or legal entity, with no residence requirement is necessary
- Registered agent, resident of Antigua is required
- Secretary, private individual or legal entity, of any residence is required
- Nominee service is available
Timeframes for obtaining a license:
The timeframe for obtaining a license after the application submission is 2-3 months, International Business Company registration takes about 3 weeks
A local registered office is required for company registration in Antigua and Barbuda.
Registered Capital Requirements:
There are no minimum paid-up capital requirements.