How to Get a Digital Nomad Visa in Portugal 2022
Any foreign employee can apply for the Digital Nomad Visa in Portugal in 2022. Among its advantages are next things: fast processing of the application, minimum of documents and requirements, and loyal attitude of the authorities. It is possible to get the Visto de Nômade Digital Portugal, starting from October 30, 2022.
Pecularities of the residence of foreigners in Portugal
The Portuguese land has been attracting the attention of foreigners for quite a while because of its wonderful living conditions. Previously, it mostly affected people who wanted to travel or move to that country permanently. For example, the Golden Visa program is in huge demand. It, opens the way to European citizenship, but you have to invest heavily in the country's economy to get it. For instance, it can be a business investment of up to €500K.
Another popular program is Visa D7. At first it was designed for foreign retirees, but then it attracted freelancers because of the lack of specific requirements. Visa D7 allows you to live in Portugal for up to 2 years with the right to obtain citizenship after 5 years.
Among the minimum requirements of the Visa D7 program is a minimum monthly income of €705, and the amount in the account should be sufficient to stay there for 2 years (unless the applicant has a working contract with a local company ending no earlier than in a year). Its main difference from the digital nomad visa is that the income must be a consequence of investment and not a monthly salary.
Peculiarities of the Digital Nomad visa
The rules of the digital nomad visa, which takes effect on October 30, 2022, fit freelancers better than the Visa D7 program because it contains fewer requirements.
Any adult alien meeting the government's requirements in Regulation No. 4/2022 is eligible to apply for the visa. The applicant does not have to be an EU or EEA national, as people from these countries already have free travel and living permit in Portugal. If the applicant wishes, they can transfer their family there as well.
Basic requirements and documents
- Proof of tax citizenship along with an employment contract. This helps to avoid double taxation.
- A statement from the employer, which confirms an employment relationship.
- A special certificate that confirms the employment status if the applicant is not employed. For example, this could be a partnership agreement, a contract to provide services to one or more organizations, etc.
- A certificate that proves the average monthly income. The amount for the last 3 months must be at least €2820, which is equivalent to four times the Portuguese minimum wage, which is currently €705.
- Rental Agreement. If the applicant has bought a home here, it is necessary to show the relevant documents.
Where to apply
The Portuguese embassy or consulate and the Portuguese immigration agency and Border Service (SEF) accept the application.
Visa processing time
The regulator takes 30 days to review the application. In comparison, to get a Visa D7 you have to wait up to 4 months. It is available from 30 October 2022.
How long is the visa valid
The digital nomad visa is valid for 1 year, after which it can be extended. During this period, the applicant can legally live in the country and leave Portugal for up to 6 months.
How to get a visa
If you want to obtain a Digital Nomad Visa for Portugal 2022, contact IT-OFFSHORE experts.