How to get a residence permit in Kazakhstan in 2023
In 2023, Kazakhstan adopted new rules for entry and stay, which also affect the residents of the EAEC countries. They can stay there for up to 90 days within six-months. Additionally, the rule of visa runs was canceled. A foreigner could leave the country for one day to return but this option is no longer available.
Non-residents who left Kazakhstan because their legal stay has expired can no longer enter there in a day. Officially they can return only in six months. These rules do not affect foreigners who have a long-term visa or received a residence permit in Kazakhstan in 2023 and earlier.
Advantages of a residence permit in Kazakhstan
A residence permit gives foreigners the same rights that country residents have. It refers to the following:
- Engage in business activities or find a job without a special permit or visa.
- Buy vehicles and real estate.
- Live in any area of the country.
- Enter and leave Kazakhstan without a visa or other documents.
- Become a citizen of Kazakhstan in 5 years after getting a residence permit.
There are only a few restrictions: for example, foreigners can't vote.
How to get a residence permit in Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan welcomes foreign investors, so anyone who invested more than $300,000 in the local economy can get a residence permit. The other grounds for the acquisition of a residence permit:
- Starting a business;
- Official work in Kazakhstan;
- Marriage to a resident;
- Studying in Kazakhstan;
- Moving to relatives;
- Asylum application.
To obtain a residence permit, applicants must provide a certificate that they have no criminal record and debts. They must prove their solvency and have at least $9,725 in their bank account.
Where to apply
Before applying for a residence permit, you must obtain a permit to reside permanently in Kazakhstan. It is issued by the internal affairs bodies (police). To apply for a residence permit, you should contact the Migration Service.
What documents needed to apply for a residence permit
- Application for a Permanent Residence in Kazakhstan.
- Passport and its copy. It must expire not earlier than 180 days after the application for a residence permit.
- Autobiography in the Kazakh or Russian language.
- A certificate confirming the solvency of the applicant.
- Paper about the absence of criminal record in the country of which the applicant is a citizen or has lived for a long time. Exception: ethnic Kazakhs from Kazakhstan, who live abroad.
- Medical certificate confirming the absence of diseases, the presence of which prohibits the entry of foreigners into the country.
- Certificate of discharge from the previous residence (certificate of departure).
- Confirmation of the place of residence. For example, it can be a rental agreement and notarized consent of the owner to have a non-resident live in Kazakhstan. Alternatively, the housing owner can personally accompany the applicant to the territorial authorities and confirm their consent.
The address the applicant provides when applying for a permit must have the Address Registration Code.
How long is the residence permit valid
It is valid for ten years or until the expiry of the passport.
Reasons your residence permit might be denied
Foreigners may be denied a residence permit if they:
- Indicated unreliable data;
- Do not have an official source of income;
- Have violated the immigration policies;
- Have problems with the laws of Kazakhstan.
How to quickly obtain a residence permit in Kazakhstan
Contact IT-OFFSHORE experts to receive a residence permit in Kazakhstan 2023.