How to get a residence permit in Kazakhstan in 2023
In 2023, Kazakhstan adopted new rules for entry and stay, which also affect the residents of the EAEC countries. In total, they can stay here no longer than 90 days within a six-month period. Additionally, the rule of visa runs, when a foreigner leaves the country for one day to come back, was canceled.
Non-residents of the country, who left Kazakhstan because their legal stay has expired, can no longer enter here for another day. Officially they can return only after six months. These rules do not affect foreigners who have a long-term visa, or received a residence permit in Kazakhstan in 2023 and earlier.
The advantages of a residence permit in Kazakhstan
A residence permit gives foreigners the same rights that residents of the country have. They can the following:
- Engage in business activities or simply find a job without a special permit or visa.
- Buy vehicles, real estate.
- Live in any area of the country.
- Enter and leave Kazakhstan without a visa or other documents.
- Become a citizen of Kazakhstan in 5 years after getting a residence permit.
- Few restrictions - foreigners can't vote.
How to get a residence permit in Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan welcomes foreign investors, so the residence permit offers people who have invested in the local economy more than $300,000. Other grounds for obtaining a residence permit:
- starting a business;
- official work in Kazakhstan;
- marriage to a local resident;
- studying in Kazakhstan;
- moving to relatives;
- application for asylum.
In order to obtain a residence permit, applicants must provide a certificate that they have no criminal record or debts. It must prove its solvency, for which on the account should be the amount of $9725.
Where to apply
Before you apply for a residence permit, you must obtain a permit to permanently reside in Kazakhstan, which is issued by the internal affairs bodies (police). To apply for a residence permit, you should contact the Migration Service.
What documents to apply for residence permit
- Application for a Permanent Residence in Kazakhstan.
- Original and a copy of the passport of the country of which the applicant is a citizen. Expired not earlier than 180 days after application for a residence permit.
- Autobiography in Kazakh or Russian.
- Certificate confirming ability to pay.
- Paper about absence of criminal record in the country of which the applicant is a citizen or has lived for a long time. Exception - ethnic Kazakhs from Kazakhstan, who live abroad.
- Medical certificate of the absence of diseases, the presence of which prohibits the entry of foreigners into the country.
- Certificate of discharge from previous place of residence (certificate of departure).
- Confirmation of the place of residence. For example, this can be a rental agreement and notarized consent of the owner to have a non-resident live in Kazakhstan. Alternatively, the owner of the housing can personally come with the applicant to the territorial authorities and confirm their consent.
The address, which the applicant provides when applying for a permit, must have the Address Registration Code.
How long is the residence permit valid
10 years or until the expiry of the passport of the country of which the applicant is a resident.
Reasons for refusal of a residence permit
Foreigners may be denied a residence permit if they:
- indicated unreliable data;
- does not have an official source of income;
- has violated the rules of immigration regime;
- has problems with the laws of Kazakhstan.
How to quickly obtain a residence permit in Kazakhstan
To receive residence permit in Kazakhstan 2023, contact IT-OFFSHORE experts.