Serbia: Obtaining a Residence Permit in 2023
Serbia, a beautiful country in Southeastern Europe. It offers a unique way of life blending rich history, culture, and stunning nature. This country has many advantages that make it an attractive place to live.
If you want to obtain a residence permit (VNR) in Serbia, first of all, you must obtain a visa to enter the country and submit an application.
Obtaining a visa in Serbia
- Category C visa (short-stay visa) is usually granted for temporary visits to the country for purposes such as tourism, business meetings, visiting relatives, attending conferences, etc. It allows entry into the country and a stay of up to 90 days.
- Category D visa (long-stay visa) is granted for long-term stays in the country. It can be issued for education, work, real estate purchase, and family reunification. Under Category D visa one can stay in Serbia for up to 180 days.
Upon the visa's expiration, the visa holder is usually required to leave the country. However, having a visa can be used for temporary entry into the country to initiate obtaining a residence permit. It means that you must submit the appropriate application for a residence permit to the migration service or the relevant authority in Serbia before the expiration of your visa.
The list of documents to obtain a residence permit
- Documents confirming legal residence in the country.
- Valid passport.
- Two photographs sized 3.5 x 4.5 cm.
- Evidence of your purpose of a long stay in Serbia (invitation from an educational institution, employment contract, marriage, or a birth certificate).
- Proof of your place of residence (rental agreement or property ownership).
- Evidence of your financial capability (bank statements or income certificate).
- Proof of your medical insurance (insurance policy or vaccination certificate).
The processing time for a residence permit application in Serbia is typically several months, although the exact duration may vary in each case.
If you are interested in moving to Serbia, you can contact IT-OFFSHORE specialists for assistance.