How to buy a ready-made company and account in England (UK)
The UK is on the list of the most attractive countries for investors. Among the common methods of investment is the purchase of a ready-made company and an account in England (UK). The country can boast that it has a developed small and medium-sized business sector, which allows the buyer to consider a large number of attractive options.
Advantages of operating companies
Buying an operating company in England is easier than setting up a business from scratch, investing time, effort in registering and launching a project. Buying an operating company, you get a firm that has been in operation for some time, as well as obtains established processes and a corporate account in the bank. It occupies a certain niche and has a customer base and reputation. The main thing is to make the right choice and carefully check the firm before buying.
Options for buying a business in the UK
Becoming the owner of a ready-made company in the UK is possible in the following ways:
- Buying its shares - it is necessary to prepare a purchase agreement and other papers that confirm their transfer. In this case, the investor will own shares of the company, but the company will be managed by the previous director, unless otherwise stated in the contract;
- Having bought the business in full - you need a contract of sale for the purchase of the business, as well as the transfer of ownership rights. Having concluded the deal, the investor can fully dispose of the firm at its discretion, including changing the staff, the type of activity;
- Buying a shelf company that has been registered but not operating while waiting for a buyer. The organization can boast a clean credit history, absence of black spots on the reputation. It is desirable that the company has existed for several years: it will give solidity in the conduct of business. Buying such a company is simple - contact IT-OFFSHORE, and we will provide a list of options.
Which option is beneficial to the buyer depends on what he/she will do with the company after the purchase, i.e. actively work or just have a share.
If the buyer wants to buy shares, it is possible to conclude a share purchase agreement, specifying the conditions that the seller must fulfill. Additionally, a stock transfer paper, known as a stock transfer form, is needed.
By law, the buyer must pay stamp duties on the following things:
- Share transfer form;
- Stamp duty (SDRT);
The amount in each case is 0.5% of the market price of the shares.
Buying the assets of the company
If an entrepreneur wants to buy a fully completed company in England (UK) 2022, the tax policy is different. For assets, which are located on the land of England or Northern Ireland, you have to pay SDLT. The maximum is 5% if the price of the award exceeds £ 250 000. If the property is in Scotland you must pay Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT), in Wales - Land Transaction Tax (LTT).
Buying a shelf company
There are quite a few finished idle companies on the market with a clean history. Buying can cover these points:
- Legal address;
- A nominee director;
- A bank account in the UK;
- Annual administration (optional);
- VAT number;
- Each point is negotiated separately and can be excluded from the purchase.
What you need to buy
To buy a company, you need the following documents:
- A copy of the foreign passport, certified by a notary;
- Residence information (certificate not older than 3 months);
- Business plan, description of the activity.
Transactions are registered by notary. Upon its completion the client receives corporate documents for ready-made business in England 2022, registered in his/her name, and can proceed to work.