How to get a Hungarian digital nomad visa in 2023
Getting a Hungarian digital nomad visa in 2023 is beneficial if you want to live and work in the EU. First of all, the applicant must not pay taxes in Hungary if they plan to spend no more than 183 days a year in the country. Also, Hungary boasts fast Internet, low prices, and comfortable life.
What you should know about the Hungarian Digital Nomad Visa
The Hungarian Digital Nomad Visa 2023 is known as the White Card. It provides employees whose work is related to the Internet the opportunity to stay in the country for up to 12 months. The permit covers only one person, so the applicant cannot bring their family.
To become a Digital Nomad Visa holder, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Not being a European Union citizen, as in this case, it is sufficient to obtain an EU registration card.
- Not to work for a company registered in Hungary. In other words, you cannot open a business here and take the Digital Nomad Visa. If the applicant wants to work for a local firm, they must obtain a work permit. When opening a company in Hungary, they must apply for a Residence Permit through business immigration.
- Must have an income of €2000 per month. The applicant must prove that this income he had at least six months before moving to Hungary. If the applicant plans to extend the Digital Nomad Visa, their income must not be lower for the duration of their residence.
- The White Card is issued to people who use telecommunications technology in their work. They must have a legal employment contract that confirms their work status or own a company registered in another country.
How to get a Digital Nomad Visa
To become a holder of a White Card you must obtain a visa for Hungary in 2023 (if you need one), which will allow you to enter the country. Within one month after arrival one must visit the National Police Headquarters for Foreigners. You must apply for the Digital Nomad Visa and attach the necessary documents there.
The next steps are as follows:
- Make an appointment at the nearest embassy/consulate.
- Come in for an interview.
- Provide your biometric information: digital photo and fingerprints.
- Wait for a positive response (about a month).
The White Card is valid for one year and can only be renewed once. If you want to stay longer, you need to issue a residence permit of another type.
Documents for the White Card
To get a White Card you need to provide the following documents:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the expiration of the Digital Nomad Visa.
- Two passport photos.
- Proof that the company you work for is not registered in Hungary.
- Evidence of a monthly income of €2,000.
- Medical insurance, which is valid during the entire stay in Hungary.
- A document that confirms the place of residence in Hungary.
How to get a White Card quickly
Contact IT-OFFSHORE to apply for a Hungarian digital nomad visa.