Obtaining UAE citizenship in 2023
Foreign investors are increasingly interested in obtaining UAE citizenship in 2023. They are attracted not only by the high quality of life. A foreigner can own a company registered within the Free Economic Zone (FEZ). They get total exemption from corporate tax and tax on income and dividends and must not pay export and import duties.
Businesses registered in the FEZ have free access to ports and airports. There are quite a few other advantages. But it is not easy to get a UAE passport because the authorities are afraid of losing the national identity of their population. Nevertheless, it is possible.
UAE passport through family ties
It is possible to get a UAE passport through family ties:
- Being married to an Emirati, if the marriage lasted at least seven years, the couple had at least one child. If the couple was childless, they must have been married for at least ten years.
- A child born in the Emirates whose father or mother (or both) are citizens of the country gets the status automatically. A child born abroad can apply for a passport after the they turn 18 if the father is an Emirati; the mother is an Emirati; the father is unknown or stateless.
A child born in the Emirates will not receive status if their parents are citizens of other countries. The only exception is for foundlings whose origins are unknown.
What should other people do
To become a citizen of the UAE, you need to live here for more than 30 years. In other cases the situation is more complicated. Before 2021, such a possibility was available only in exceptional circumstances.
Now the authorities have revised their position, and if specific criteria are met, UAE citizenship can be obtained in 2023. Here are a few examples:
- Scientists who have professional experience of 10 years or more and have international awards.
- Doctors and other scientists with ten years of experience. They must be a member of a well-known scientific organization. When applying, you must give a reasoned account of your accomplishments.
- Investors. Clear criteria have yet to be established, but preference is given to businesspeople who have a long-term visa and make significant investments in real estate or the country's economy.
Obtaining a UAE passport is a very long procedure that can take a few months and even years. Different authorities have to examine the application. The decisions of the Executive Council of Rulers, courts of crown princes, and the Cabinet of Ministers are crucial.
What to do while waiting for a passport
While waiting for your passport, you can get a Dubai Golden Visa, which allows investors and prospective foreigners to live, work and study in the country for ten years.
A golden visa is given for investing 10 million dirhams in the local investment fund. An alternative option is to create a company with a minimum registered capital of not less than 10 million dirhams. It must not be credit money.
If such money is unavailable, this visa type is available to the same categories that can obtain citizenship: scientists, doctors, inventors, creative people, and their families. But, again, it is also obligatory to show a work permit.
How to get a UAE passport quickly
Contact IT-OFFSHORE experts to obtain UAE citizenship in 2023.