Obtaining a residence permit in Serbia 2022: the main advantages
If you want to live in the center of Europe, have access to the EU market and the East, you should consider Serbia. The country is famous not only for its resorts, excellent climate and great food. Getting a residence permit in Serbia in 2022 offers many advantages. Living here is cheaper than in the EU, but the quality of life is not worse, and taxes are low. Jurisdiction boasts a well-developed infrastructure, advanced IT-sphere, and free healthcare for citizens.
What gives a residence permit in Serbia
Residence permit in Serbia allows a non-resident to live legally in the country without any restrictions. She or he can open a bank account, sign contracts with local utilities, rent a house, take a loan. Registration provides access to health care and education.
Who is granted a residence permit in Serbia
Residence permits in Serbia are issued to non-residents who wish to live or work here. Residence permits are granted to investors and business owners. It is also given to people who have enrolled in an educational institution, found a job here, and want to reunite with their families.
Requirements for applicants:
- No criminal record;
- Age from 18 years old, except for family reunification or study;
- No visa violations;
- Good reputation: applicants should not pose any threat to the national security of Serbia or public health.
How to get residence permit
In order to obtain a residence permit in Serbia 2022, you must register a company. If you contact IT-OFFSHORE experts and give us the power of the attorney to open a company, we will register it before you arrive.
Regardless of whether you own a company or are an employee, you have to obtain a work permit to get a residence permit. It takes about 2 months to process.
After submitting the documents, the applicant must come to the immigration office for an interview. Residence permit is issued within 2 months after the conversation, but the report goes from the day of application.
Documents for residence permit
- Valid passport;
- Certificate of registration of marriage and birth of children (if you need to issue a residence permit for the whole family);
- A letter, where you will argue the reason for needing a residence permit;
- Information about your financial situation contained in a certificate from the bank, which should be put in advance and be not less than $ 5000, if the residence permit will be for one person. If you go with a family, on the account should be from $ 7000;
- Health insurance;
- White Card is a certificate which confirms your place of residence in Serbia. It should be registered at the police on the first day of your visit to the country;
- Visa application form;
- Proof of payment for voluntary health insurance (VMI) for 1 year.
Period of temporary residence permit
The temporary residence permit in Serbia is valid for one year and may be renewed for the same period.
Permanent Residence Permit in Serbia - What do you need to know
A residence permit may be converted into a permanent residence permit. To obtain a permanent residence permit, a foreigner is required to reside in the country for at least five years. If the non-resident is married to a Serbian citizen, the period is reduced to 3 years.
Not only an investor or business owner, but also an employee of the company can get permanent residency if the employment contract is extended. In order to do so, he/she must submit an application to the Police Department in the place of residence and fill out questionnaires asking for detailed information about him/her, the contract and salary. Our specialists will help you to collect and fill out the documents correctly and get a permanent residence permit quickly without problems.