Residence permit in the UAE: how to get in 2022
Foreigners who want to get a residence permit in the UAE, need a residence visa. It is the equivalent of a residence permit, valid for several years, easily renewable. It allows non-residents to live permanently in the UAE for generations without bureaucratic procedures, having only a visa stamp in your passport.
Who is granted a residency visa in the UAE
In order to obtain a residency permit in the UAE you need to:
- open a company in the UAE;
- find a job;
- be a freelancer and get the appropriate documents;
- study at a college or university;
- be a dependent (children, retired or disabled parents);
- own real estate whose total value exceeds AED 1 million;
- be a Gold Visa holder.
What is a Golden Visa
A Golden Visa is a permit given to entrepreneurs who are going to work in the UAE. The stamp is valid for 5 or 10 years. Its owner can issue a residence permit for the whole family, becoming its sponsor. It also allows you to enter and leave the UAE an unlimited number of times.
Residence permit in the UAE 2022 (Golden Visa) gives:
- The owner of the business;
- General or Managing Director;
- PhD candidates;
- Doctors, engineers, athletes;
Golden Visa for business owner
In order for an entrepreneur to be given a residence permit, the company must be located in Dubai, engaged only in trade or production.
The regulator needs to provide the following documents:
- trade license;
- financial audit report;
- auditing company license;
- personal and corporate account statements for the last 3 months;
- a no objection paper issued in the free zone where the company is registered;
- photocopies of passports and visas;
Gold visa for certain professions
The UAE is interested in scientific personnel, that's why it offers a Golden Visa to doctors, engineers, PhD holders, honors students. It is also given to promising athletes.
The regulator needs to provide:
- An employment contract from a UAE employer that matches your specialty;
- A certified degree, which must be certified by the UAE Ministry of Education;
- Authorization for a Golden Visa from the employer;
- Bank statement for the last 6 months;
- Health insurance;
- Photocopies of passport and visa.
Golden visa for investors
Residence permits for 5 or 10 years are given to investors who:
- Have invested their own, not credit, money in real estate worth 5 million dirhams or more. This property should be owned for at least 3 years. In this case, permission will be given for 5 years.
- Have invested in the public sector for at least 10 million dirhams, with investments in real estate should not exceed 40%. Permit will be given for 10 years.
- Create a company with a capital of 10 million dirhams or buy that amount of money to buy a share of an existing company. Permit to residence permit will be valid for 10 years.
- Getting a residence permit in stages for the business owner
- Obtaining a permit;
- Company registration;
- Getting a card, which confirms the registration of the company;
- Getting Emirates ID;
- Medical evaluation;
- Applying to the immigration office for a registration visa stamp in your passport.
Do you have to do everything yourself
The business owner does not need to be in the country while the company registration and other documents are being prepared. He does not even have to visit the country if he has been to the UAE at least once before. It is enough to give a power of attorney to our company and we will do everything for you.
Personal presence is required only in the following cases:
- medical examination;
- applying for an Emirates ID;
- getting a stamp in your passport.
In total, these three procedures take 5 working days.
How much does a resident visa cost for business
The price of a UAE resident visa depends on the emirate where the business is registered. It is cheaper in Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Sharjah or Ras Al Khaimah, and more expensive in Dubai.
How long does the residence permit is valid
If you have a common resident visa, not the Golden visa, do not live in the UAE, travel often, you have to come to the emirates at least once every six months to keep it. If you do not, the UAE residence permit will be automatically revoked, and you will have to get it from scratch.
1-2 weeks before the expiration of the visa must pass a medical exam, to apply for an extension of the Emirates ID. The certificate along with your passport should be sent to the immigration office, and your residency permit in the UAE will be extended.
How to get a residence permit in the UAE
To quickly get a residency permit in the UAE, contact IT-OFFSHORE experts and we will help you.