Malta is a European low-tax jurisdiction. It is not a classic offshore. Malta has been an EU member since 2004. The country is not in the black list of FATF. The company registered in Malta is supposed to pay taxes.
Advantages of an offshore company in Malta:
- Agreement for the avoidance of double taxation
- Minimum of one director and shareholder; Secretary is required
- Individuals and legal entities can be directors and shareholders
- Nominee shareholders and directors are allowed
- No currency control
- One of the lowest tax rates in the EU.
Private Limited Liability Company.
An offshore company registered in Malta is supposed to pay taxes. The standard corporate tax rate is 35%. However the country's legislation permits to return 6/7 (5/7 or 2/3) of the paid tax, in this case the tax rate is 5%.
VAT - 18%.
Annual reports and audit are required.
Nominee shareholders and directors
The Companies Registrar in Malta is public. Directors and shareholders data is available.
Related services (optional):
● Operating a virtual office in Malta - price upon request
● Safekeeping of incorporation documents in a separate client cell in our Head Office in Frankfurt am Main, Germany - US $ 50 / year