Get UAE residency in 2023
There are two ways to become a resident of the UAE in 2023. The first is to become a citizen of the country, which is not easy to do, because the local authorities are afraid of losing the national identity. The second is to obtain a long-term residency visa for investment or other conditions.
How to become a resident of the UAE through citizenship
Previously, only a foreigner who had lived here for at least 30 years could become a citizen of the UAE. A woman had the opportunity to become a resident through family ties, after being married for 7 years, and if the marriage has no children - at least 10 years. Also, a child who was born abroad can apply if the mother is Emirati, the father also or unknown / no citizenship.
But now it is easier to do so. The government has gone to the aid of applicants and provided for the possibility of obtaining citizenship through:
- Investment - there are no clear conditions, but preference is given to entrepreneurs with a long-term visa, which makes large monetary contributions to the economy or real estate.
- Employment - UAE welcomes internationally renowned scientists, doctors who have international awards.
- Talent - Citizenship can be obtained by people who have recognized outstanding achievements, as well as inventors, developers that have patented their discovery in recognized international bodies.
It is important to understand that obtaining citizenship is a long and complicated process, which often stretches for years, because the application is considered by different structures. A more promising option is a long-term visa, which grants owners the rights of residence.
Residency through a long-term visa
In the laws of the UAE there is no such thing as a residence permit or permanent residence permit. Instead, they give residency status through a long-term visa. Depending on the visa chosen, the applicant receives the right to live and work in the country for a period of 1 to 10 years. The longest valid Golden visa, which allows investors and prospective foreign employees to work, live and study in the UAE for ten years.
The conditions for obtaining UAE residency in 2023 under the rules of the Golden Visa:
- Contribution to an investment fund if the investor's capital or contribution is at least AED 2 million and the investor pays at least AED 250,000 a year to the country. No credit is allowed.
- Ownership of real estate, the total amount of which is not less than AED 2 million. It can be purchased on credit from banks, as approved by the competent local authority. The visa is issued for five years.
- Businesspeople will get a visa for 5 years, if he proposes or has already created a technical start-up based on risk and innovation. The cost of such a project is from AED 500,000.
- Getting an official invitation to work in the UAE.
- Also resident visa is given to promising schoolchildren / students, doctors, scientists, athletes, etc.
Documents for long term visa
To get a Golden Visa, applicants must pass a medical examination, security check, and apply for an Emirates ID card at the Federal Identification and Citizenship Authority. You must attach documents such as:
- A lease agreement, notarized, or a document that proves ownership of the property.
- A copy of the passport of the sponsor who invited the UAE applicants, his employment contract.
- Medical certificate.
- Permit to enter the UAE.
- Certificate of graduation from high school.
If the applicant is a divorced woman or widow who lived here on a husband's visa, she must prove that she can earn a living, and then provide a certificate of divorce or death of her husband.
How to get UAE residency quickly
To get UAE residency in 2023, contact IT-OFFSHORE experts.